Ramadan 2014 – Reflections
Ramadan was here and is almost gone. May Allah reward everyone’s sincere efforts in making the most of this month. During Ramadan 2014 at Masjid Noor-Ul-Huda, here is a summary of all that happened:
- The Muslim community came together in large numbers and populated the Houses of Allah (the masajids). By the grace of Allah, the numbers of Muslims who attended MNH have doubled and almost tripled.
- Daily Iftaar/Dinner was hosted on all days of Ramadan – families came together and served food on all days of Ramadan. The preparation of the food while fasting, the serving of the food by various dedicated volunteers, the planning and organization by the MNH Women’s Committee, and the Masjid Cleaning after all food hosting events was impeccable and will be rightly rewarded by Allah.
- Taraweeh Prayers by our very experienced Hafiz Imam Bashir went seamless and strong. Two other Huffaz supported our Imam. One young “partial” Hafiz who is also the student of Imam Bashir, also led some taraweeh prayers. This is a remarkable achievement during every Ramadan.
- A brief program on Tafseer (Translation) of the Holy Quran was held every night of Taraweeh by beautiful words of the Holy Quran summarized and presented by Hafiz Imam Bashir.
- The beautiful Qiyaam Al-Layl Program with kids participating, and also the Itikaaf (Seclusion) by one of our key community member for the last 10 nights of Ramadan.
- The making of fresh tea and sharing of snacks and sweets by numerous volunteers after Taraweeh Prayers is just incomparable.
- The care and concern exhibited by some community members to give rides to other community members to facilitate them to come to the Masjid for Iftaar/Taraweeh Prayers.
- The enormous sense of responsibility expressed by the community for helping raise funds for the Masjid Operations and Infrastructure Development.
- Various educational lectures provided by our beloved Imam Bashir.
AND LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST, THE MANNER IN WHICH OUR COMMUNITY MUSLIMS GOT TOGETHER SHOULDER-TO-SHOULDER TO WORK FOR THE MASJID AND ALSO GAIN THE SENSE OF SPIRITUAL SATISFACTION BY THEIR WORSHIP OF OUR ALMIGHTY ALLAH. WE ARE PROUD TO BE MUSLIMS AND WE HAVE PROVED OUR PRIDE BY OUR ACTIONS AND UNITY.
MAY ALLAH REWARD EVERYONE FOR ALL THEIR GOOD DEEDS, THEIR STRUGGLES IN THE MONTH OF RAMADAN TO PLEASE ALLAH AND GAIN TAQWA (PIETY), THEIR STRUGGLES TO SEEK THE NIGHT OF POWER, AND OVERALL, TO PURIFY OURSELVES WITH ALLAH’S MERCY, FORGIVENESS, AND SEEKING DELIVERANCE FROM THE HELLFIRE.
MAY ALLAH ACCEPT ALL OUR GOOD DEEDS AND HELP US MAINTAIN OUR SPIRIT OF WORSHIP AND POPULATING THE MASAJIDS ALL AROUND THE YEAR LIKE WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DONE IN THIS BEAUTIFUL MONTH OF RAMADAN 2014.