Islamic Stories of the Prophets (phut) from the Holy Qur’an Poster Exhibition/Competition…
Assalam O Alaykum!
We would like to extend a special invitation to you and your children to participate in the Islamic Stories of the Prophets (phut) from the Holy Qur’an Poster Exhibition/Competition. This exhibition will be held, InshaAllah, on Friday, January 22nd, 2016 (4:00 to 6:00 PM) as a part of the Da’wah Event entitled “Stories of the Prophets from the Holy Qur’an” being organized by PICNA and Masjid Noor Ul Huda at 517 Winmet Dr, Columbia SC.
We will be accepting posters boards on the topic of ‘Prophets in the Quran’. Participants should be in grades 1 – 12. Six cash prizes (two in each category – Elementary, Middle and High School) will be awarded.
Please follow the following guidelines to prepare and participate in the poster exhibition:
- The recommended poster size is 36”x48” (Project Board/Tri-fold poster board available in Wall Mart, Hobby-Lobby, etc.). No rolled regular poster
- We are encouraging parents and elder brothers/sisters to help and guide participating students in topic selection and practice for better presentation which help students learn about Islam: our main goal of this exhibition.
- Select a short title which appropriately represents the content of the poster. Mention your name and grade on the back of the poster. No names on the front, please!
- The letters of the poster should be large enough to be easily readable from a near distance.
- Each poster will be judged by at least three separate judges. The judgment criteria will be based on: a) appropriate selection of poster title (based on our mentioned topic), b) having easy description and flow of the poster content (introduction, description, conclusion or learning points, etc.). Please pay appropriate attention in these points to win the prize.
- The poster should include the name of the selected Prophet (pbuh), short phrases depicting stories/lessons from their life, miracles granted to the Prophet by Allah swt (if appropriate), books of the Prophet (if any), and mentioning of relevant Qur’anic verse(s) or Surahs in which the Prophet is mentioned.
- Please hand over your poster to Imam Bashir at Masjid Noor Ul Huda by Wednesday, January 22, 2016 to participate in the competition insha Allah.
- Prizes will be distributed to the winners at the end of the event. The winning students must be present in the Masjid to claim the prize.
Please contact Br. Chaudhry Sadiq at 803.210.7355 for any further clarification about this event.